Specification and automata theory
- Reducing Process Algebra
- State machine models of timing and circuit design
- Primitive Recursion and State Machines [update March 19 2010]
- The meaning of concurrent programs
- State and History in Operating Systems
- Reliable network protocols
- Summary of this work
(Please note that since February 2007, the trademark “RTLinux” and the system, if any, called “RTLinux”, belongs to Wind River Systems – historical use in older papers is historical only.)
- “Linux Preempt_rt: still not ready for prime time” is an old paper looking at problems in PREEMPT-RT which are still there.
- “Priority Inheritance: Hack or Error?” looks at a favorite method of concurrent programmers that is really much less wonderful than claimed.
Historical papers on RTLinux (note that RTLinux is a trademark of WindRiverSystems)
- RTLinuxPro White Paper (2004).
- Linux Workshop talk (1997)
- RTLinux Manifesto (1999) (published in 5th Linux Expo) and annotated version.
- Michael Barabanov’s thesis.
- “Synchronization in RTLinux“. (2004)
- “Dangers of Digital Rights Management” covers side-effects of scattering DRM technology in commercial software and hardware without worrying about whether right protection is the most important function of the system.
- “Security” is a generic paper on OS security .
- “RTOS Security and Common Criteria” looks at some efforts to use the common security framework for RTOS’s and “How not to secure operating systems” and “RTOS Security and Common Criteria” cover similar ground.